Tara comes from the rainy city of Seattle, Washington. After getting her Journalism degree from the University of Washington, she did a complete 180 and spent the next seven years working as a Product Engineering Manager for a tech company.
With the desire to get back to her journalistic roots, she decided to leave her desk job, say goodbye to Seattle, and focus on travel writing. Finally freed from the constraints of the 9 to 5, Tara was able to travel to over 60 countries before finally making Munich, Germany, her new home.
Although she’s slowly becoming more and more Bavarian (Oktoberfest is her favorite time of the entire year), she has been lucky to experience some of the following during her world travels:
– Riding in a tuk-tuk through the chaotic streets of Old Delhi, India, on a street food tour
– Taking a 2-month road trip through the Balkans and trying every type of Burek possible
– Sampling 60-year-old forgotten Port wine straight from the barrel in South Africa
– Eating puffin and minke whale burgers in Iceland
– Drinking daiquiris in Ernest Hemingway’s favorite bar in Havana, Cuba
And if you couldn’t tell from the above list, her favorite passion besides writing and traveling is eating and drinking! As a die-hard foodie, Tara will go to great lengths to explore each destination’s culinary treasures.